This is a blog to help you keep up on homework and class assignments throughout the school year if you miss a class because of illness or a field trip. The work completed in class and the assignments for the week will be posted at the start of each week. Videos and listening selections used during class instruction will also be posted so that students can listen and review the material. Feel free to post me questions or contact me to call you should you be ill or out of school for an extended period of time, and I will keep you in the loop so you keep on top of your assignments.
Week 1 September 8 - September 11- Assignments
1. Post It activity:
- When's your birthday? I like getting cupcakes for birthdays!
- What is your short term goal to complete by the end of the week? (Yes! Survival is an option!)
- What is your long term goal for the end of the month? (Remember, your interim report will be going home around that time. What are you going to do to get the best grades you can?)
Ex: Bob= Brillant
3. Use the positive words from everybodys' signs to create a whole alphabet of positive words. Write on post-its and place on chart papers.
4. Work with a partner to create a list of :
10 things you have control over
10 things you don't have control over
Write a personal statement about using the things you have control over to help you reach your short term and long term goals, and how will you try to deal with the things that you don't have control over, so that your goals become out of reach.
Time for music!
Outlining chapters in your spiral notebooks.
- For each class at the top of the notebook page write the date, upper right hand side.
- next line, write the title of the chapter
- next line, write the vocab words and the musician profiles so you can check them off as you outline the chapter
- (nl) the red heading and then explain what its about
- if there is vocabulary; write the word, define it, and check it off the second line of the outline.
- if there are songs: write down the title, the composer, and the origin or country it comes from.
- if there is a musician profile in that section, write a 5W's and H to summarize the life of that person.
Do this for each section in the chapter, it helps you remember the details .
"Reading each page is so slow! Isn't there something I can click on to view all the pages at once?"
So what do you do with the outline?
Use to complete the "In Class Assignment":
Chapter 1 Reading GuideDirections:
- Respond to each question in each section with short answers.
- Go back and look at your outline to answer questions about vocabulary or interesting details.
due next class: 3 Quizlets for Chapter 1